The Intenational Weight Bearing CT Society (IWBCTS) will hold its next symposium, titled "Recent Advances…
The WBCT Society presented another Open Scientific Meeting on September 13, 2019 at the AOFAS Conference in Chicago. Watch the highlight reel from the meeting above to see some of the key moments or read the summary below!
The WBCT Society is an independent research organization. CurveBeam is a proud sponsor of the Society.
- New Leadership:The WBCT Society presented Dr. Martinus Richter, MD, PhD, a plaque for serving as founding president. Dr. Richter’s term ended at the meeting, and incoming president Dr. Alexej Barg, MD, assumed the role.
- Semi-Automatic 3D Hindfoot Measurements: Dr. Alessio Bernasconi discussed a study that demonstrated semi-automatic 3D hindfoot alignment measurements were reliable when measuring alignment on pes cavo-varus cases.
- New Research Protocols: Dr. Alexandre Godoy, MD, demonstrated how the University of Sao Paulo in Brazil has designed three new research protocols for its CurveBeam LineUP weight bearing CT system. These include:
- Cavus varus deformity: perform a Coleman block test clinically and during weight bearing CT to determine if the Coleman block test changes alignment measurements.
- Hallux valgus deformity: use weight bearing CT to assess 1st TMT gapping, collapse of medium column, and 1st MT and sesamoid rotation.
- Congenital club foot: Investigate residual club foot using WBCT to try to understand relationships between tarsal bones involved in the deformity.